In a letter posted to Instagram, Porn Star Jodie Sweet is apologizing for sexually assaulting a stranger in 2015, the first victim of the notorious “Bitch Trip” scam that targets women who fall for men who have dated them.
“I am truly sorry that I let you down and that I didn’t stop at just one night,” the 27-year-old actress wrote in the post on Sunday, noting that she was able to “make amends” with the man.
“Please accept my sincere apologies for the hurt and pain I caused you and the other women I dated.
This was never my intention.
I’m so sorry for the pain I’ve caused you.”
Sweet’s apology came just hours after her alleged victim told police she was sexually assaulted by a group of five men in the parking lot of a Manhattan strip club that was hosting an after-party.
The attack occurred at the Bitch Trip club on December 2, 2015, just days after she was to perform at the party.
A second victim who attended the party, who also told police that the group of men assaulted her, later told police Sweet had told her the assault was a “date gone wrong.”
The second victim, who was a model, told police they were friends and she’d been drinking with the men at the club when they arrived.
They went to the bar, and the men went to her car and forced her into a car seat, she told police.
She told them she didn’t want to drive home, so she ran home to call her parents.
She was taken to a hospital and told she’d had a seizure, but she was later released, police said.
The men were arrested a short time later.
In the post, Sweet apologized for not being able to stop the men.
“For those of you who may have been victimized by this crime, I apologize for not stopping it,” she wrote.
“In light of the recent incident and the recent events surrounding it, I have decided to publicly come out and share my story, in order to make sure this never happens again.
I have tried to make amends to those who I’ve offended, and I know that it will be hard to do that for you.”
The Instagram post was shared by Sweet’s manager, who said Sweet had asked for forgiveness.
“She has been speaking with her family and her lawyer and it was not the intention for this to be public.
She feels terrible about what she has done,” said Kristi Lomax, Sweet’s spokeswoman.
“It’s unfortunate, but we’ve been working with her since last month and she’s fully cooperating with the investigation.”
Sweet also wrote that she “apologizes for being so blunt with those who were hurt,” adding that she’d also wanted to tell the story to the police “to make sure they could identify the real perpetrator, which is the man who raped her.”
“I feel so bad about my actions,” she continued.
“However, as a professional, I know the risks that come with this business, and for the first time, I’m willing to admit to myself that I’m sorry.
I know it was wrong and I’m truly sorry.
But this wasn’t me.”
Sweet has been outspoken about the scam since being attacked in 2016.
In December 2016, she tweeted about her alleged rape at the hands of an acquaintance, saying, “It was my fault I got raped, not hers.”
The actress said in that tweet that she had been told by the man that she could walk away with a few months of her $50,000-a-year salary.
The next month, she revealed that she made the comment while filming a scene for her upcoming film, the movie Inside Out, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in December.
“He was a little angry, but I was pretty clear that I felt bad,” she told Variety at the time.
“At the end of the day, we both feel like the same person.
And we both agreed to walk away.”
Sweet told Variety that she’s now focused on becoming a mother and is working on becoming “a better person.”
“It took me a long time to come to terms with what I had done and I need to be a better person and more accountable,” she said.
“That’s why I’m writing this letter, so that the world knows what I’ve been through.”